Wednesday, May 7, 2014

May 7, 2014 - Dolmens

Of course, this changes everything.  I have found an intact fairy dolmen.  I didn't even know these things existed.  Most dolmens made by mankind date from the Neolithic period (4,000 - 3,000 BC).  They are comprised of two or more upright stones that have a horizontal capstone.  It is believed that they were covered completely with smaller stones or earth, which has somehow worn away to the "skeleton" of stone groupings we now see that are typical of the Neolithic period.

Many scholars believe that these dolmens were tombs, and I think this is where they've gotten it completely wrong.  Dolmens are not tombs; they are portals to other places/times.  You enter across the threshold at the proper time and, if you are properly prepared, you are transported.  Why should it be any different for the fairies?  Why shouldn't they have their own dolmens?  As you can see, just the front of this dolmen has worn away; the rest is still covered.  This leads me to believe that it is still an active site in use.  I'll have to keep a watch on this one when I can, although it's more than a hop, skip, and a jump from my house.  I have a feeling there might be a great deal of coming and going at this particular portal.  If I can figure out how they do it, I might be able to use a man-made dolmen.  It's worth a try.  Tombs, hah.