Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23, 2014 - Mushroom Madness

Curiouser and curiouser.  This fellow stood out as if to greet me today, appearing suddenly from nowhere and with quite a hastily-made disguise.  A mushroom, you say?  You may say it if it makes you feel better.  There is no way in the world I will believe this is accidental.  It occurs to me that it could be a warning, however.  The fairies do not like when I expose them, although how they found out about yesterday's post is beyond me.  One does not usually think of a fairy as having internet access, but stranger things have happened here in Maine.  I am certain that I locked my handwritten journal, although it was misplaced a bit today.  They may be worried that if the world learns the truth about Maine being one of their last strongholds in this country, there will be no end to the tourists coming, poking and prodding around as they do.  The fairies like when we do not believe in their existence because it gives them license to be even more rambunctious than ever.  Having said that, this particular fellow seems as though he may be part of the Unseelie Court, and if that is the case, then my situation is even more precarious than I thought.  I must get an ally at the Seelie Court.  I will have to be more careful with my journal.