Sunday, May 25, 2014

May 25, 2014 - Mushroom Madness Again

Now what?  What shall I make of this?  I have never seen a mushroom like this before.  It is a sickly greenish on top.  Could it be a member of the bolete family that has just gone way past its time?  That's what I want to think, but I sadly fear that somehow the fairies know I am on to their favorite disguise.  And what's more, I have put you on to it too.  So, where do we go from here?  This is definitely from the Unseelie Court as the Seelie Court would never produce so barbarous an image.  In any event, I must be careful where I walk.  Please . . . don't eat the mushrooms.  If you find a trail of them, follow them at your own peril.  Perhaps they will bring you to the "Queen of Fair Elfland" as described by Thomas the Rhymer.  Then, too, perhaps they will bring you to the Cailleach.  Not always a bad thing, I guess.  But do be careful just the same.

Of course, this leads me back to what I have been saying all along.  I must befriend one of the fairies.  But how?  There are times, though, when I feel I am being followed.  Perhaps one of them wishes to befriend me?  Anything is possible here in Maine.