Sunday, June 8, 2014

June 8, 2014 - Upturned Tree

Well, as you can see, I caught the fairies red-handed!  I heard them scuffling around a bit, but they managed to stay just ahead of me.  A bit of sparkle was all I saw, a tinkle of a bell was all I heard, but it was enough to know that the fairies were oot and aboot.  I pursued them hotly, but as I said, they were able to stay just ahead of me, partly because they're quick but also because they put a glamour on my shoes that made them feel very sticky on the bottom.  In any event, I finally came to this upturned tree.  They had flung it backward and jumped down into one of their compounds.  I'm sure they tried to pull it back upright, but as you can see, a large rock got stuck in the roots on the left side.  I think it was too heavy for the last few fairies to pull down, and so they had no choice but to leave the tree upright and hightail it out of there.  Of course, I wasn't foolish enough to go down after them as I know they would have tripped me and stuffed wet onions down my socks.  Regardless--this is a fabulous find, and I must come up with some way to mark it before they're able to pull the tree back down.  Oh, fairies, you can run but you can't hide forever!