Wednesday, June 11, 2014

June 11, 2014 - The Pink Lily Pond

The pink lilies are starting to appear on the pink lily pond.  Soon the whole surface will be covered with spectacular pink lilies, which will be so thick that you might not even see the pond itself.  Until you fell in, that is, and don't say I didn't warn you.  The pink lily pond always flowers before the white lily pond, and it's smaller in size than the white lily pond as well.  I will post a picture of the latter when it begins to bloom.  The two ponds are not far from one another, but they are distinctly different.  The pink lily pond lounges in the shade and is lush and green and female.  The while lily pond braves the brilliant sunshine and is distinctly tougher and male.  Yes, it's true, I believe the ponds have their own personalities, but then, I believe everything around me is a sentient being and I tend to personify the entire world.  It should come as no surprise, then, that the fairies at each pond are very different, and if I were you, I would avoid the white lily pond at night when the will-o'-the-wisp is always nearby.  Now that I think about it, it's not far from the haunted apple tree I wrote about last March.  Hmmm . . . I am seeing a connection here and am off to investigate.  Don't pick the lilies while I'm gone!