Monday, August 3, 2015

August 3, 2015 - Island Fantasy


“I will not be ignored,” says the tiny island.  Even though its land mass is so small, it proudly wields its own little microclimate.  There’s a large tree, two medium-sized trees, several large bushes, and a small tree off to the left on the far side that may or may not make it.  There are rocks with indentations that hold rainwater and lots of different weeds and grasses.  Ducks come to visit and camp out, and frogs like it, too.  A variety of birds have nests in the large tree, and they come back to them year after year.  It’s a tiny little kingdom.

There’s no electricity, running water, or internet, so not many people want to visit it.  This makes it perfect for me.  I have applied for citizenship, which includes a long and grueling process, but I am confident that I will be accepted.  I’ll have to give up my citizenship in the U.S., but it’s a price I’m willing to pay.  After all, how often do we get to have our own little world?

Yes, another one of my island fantasies.  Maine seems to bring them out in me.

A tiny kingdom.