Wednesday, August 26, 2015

August 26, 2015 - A Small Clearing


I saw a small clearing, a little gap, and decided to look through it.  This was my reward.  I was afraid to move because I didn’t want to break the spell.  It was so beautiful in its simplicity that I wasn’t sure if it was real.  I decided to take a picture just in case it wasn’t.

A hidden gem.

There are skylines that feature massive skyscrapers which loom like giants in the daytime and are lit up like gods during the night.  There are stunning bridges, amazing engineering feats of marvel.  There are graceful architectural arches, gorgeous statues of solid marble, and lush fountains giving off fine mists and delicate rainbows.  There are parks of chiseled beauty, palaces with surreal manicured grounds, and priceless objets d’art. 

But nowhere in this wide world have I found anything that can rival a simple scene like this.  Nowhere have I found something that goes to the core of my heart as this does.  It’s true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and perhaps others will look at this and wonder if I put the wrong picture up.  Perhaps others will be awestruck by the skyscrapers, the statues, and the fountains, but for me, there can be no finer thing than the simplicity of the woods and streams of Maine.

This is my heart.