Tuesday, July 8, 2014

July 8, 2014 - Mermaid Ledge

This is where I usually come when I want to find mermaids.  I call it "Mermaid Ledge" because they love to sun themselves here.  You must never believe the myths that abound, those which say there is no such thing as a mermaid.  Of course, they're perpetuated by the mermaids themselves who have an interest in keeping you ignorant of their existence, but I have seen plenty of them with my own eyes.  Unfortunately when I got here today, there was only one mermaid sunning herself on the shore.  Usually there are several.  I must say she was very uncooperative.  She quickly hurled herself into the water because she knew I wanted a picture of her.  If you look closely, you can see her shape in the water--I caught her just as she went under.  Next time I'll have to remember to bring a snack.  They love human food.  I've told them before it's not good for them and that a good portion of it isn't even good for humans.  They said I should eat more.