Monday, July 21, 2014

July 21, 2014 - Potts Point

I decided not to go to the pond today as I need to think out my strategy and what my next move will be regarding yesterday's "first contact."  Instead, I went to Potts Point.  I know a secret trail in to the beach, accessible only on foot.  It's a hike in but well worth the effort, and I knew I could think there without being bothered.  It turned out to be a really good idea as the wind and the surf have such a calming effect.  Thousands of old snail shells crunched under my feet as I walked, and the seagulls couldn't be bothered with a lone human figure making her way slowly down the beach.  It's days like these when there is not another soul to be found that I find myself wondering if I have already crossed through some portal.  If I have, it's not such a bad place to be.  I could get used to this.  Dinner washes in twice a day with the tide.

Potts Point, Maine
On the way back, though, I found an odd formation of rocks and shells--clearly not made by the wind or surf.  I don't know what it means, but I decided to take a picture of it.  It could just be nothing, but then it could be some sort of sign.  Considering there was not another soul on that beach and that I do not recall seeing this on the way in, it could have some sort of significance.  I'll save it for when I find my ally, for surely now I know I have an ally among them.  It's finding him that's going to be tough, and yes, for some reason I think it's a "him."  That gives me an idea.  Maybe I've been going about this all the wrong way.  Maybe I shouldn't be trying to find him but should let him come to me.  A plan is starting to brew . . .

Fairy rock sign?