Thursday, July 3, 2014

July 3, 2014 - Fairy Traps

Well, they're at it again.  I'd gotten a break for a while and almost thought the fairies had up and moved, but it seems not.  I went for my usual walk through the woods and almost stumbled into this.  First we have a "threshold," which is the two trees you see.  Now, a threshold can be just an ordinary spot between one room and another, and that's what most people think it is.  However, in the magical world, a threshold signifies a serious "change," a change from one state of being to another.  A change from one mindset to another.  The departure from one life and the entrance into another.

I heard a massive "crunch," and the rock opened up before me, as you can see.  I tried to look into it from where I was without crossing the threshold, but it was hard to see for sure.  I could tell that the chasm created went far into the Earth.  They were taunting me, tempting me, wooing me, and ultimately attempting to trap me.  I've no doubt that if I had crossed the threshold, I would have become disoriented and fallen into the chasm (most likely pushed).  Then there would have been another crunch and I would have left this world.

Now, there are those of you who will read this and tell me I am wrong.  You will say that this is not fairy magic and fairy trickery, but the footprints of a glacier that left this land 10,000 years ago.  You will tell me of continents crashing into one another and creating a Pangaea, then splitting apart again from volcanic activity, and then lastly being covered by massive sheets of ice.  You will tell me that as the ice finally retreated, it ripped the huge rocks asunder like silly putty, dragging and depositing them about randomly.  You will tell me that the chasms and rocks and caves and fissures all around me in Maine are just a result of geological wonders.

But you just don't know those fairies like I do.

Rock torn asunder from geological "forces."