Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15, 2014 - The White Lily Pond

As promised, I have taken a photo of the white lily pond, which always flowers later than the pink lily pond.  And as I told you back in that journal entry, the fairies at each pond are distinctly different.  The pink lily pond fairies are are decidedly softer (although some can still be dangerous), and the white lily pond fairies are decidedly rougher and more male.  You may recall that I said I avoid the white lily pond at night when the will-o'-the-wisp is always nearby.  This pond is also right near the haunted old apple tree I told you about last March, so it only stands to reason that something untoward might happen here.

Imagine my shock, then, when I found this picture on my camera, although perhaps I should not have been so surprised.  After all, I am the one who has been telling you about these creatures all along.  It's just that the boldness of these fairies never ceases to amaze me.  Do you see it?  Look closely at the left side of the photo toward the middle.  Yep.  That's a fairy tail (not a fairytale)!!  He jumped into the water as I approached and almost made it under, but I was able to snap this photo before he was completely submerged.  And there you have it, my friends:  Yet more proof of the existence of fairies in Maine.  I know some of you have questioned up to this point, but surely now you may lay your doubts to rest.  Of course, now that I've got this photo of part of a fairy (not the first photo I've taken of a magical creature), I can only wonder what repercussions there will be.  And there are always repercussions with fairies.  They're so moody sometimes, don't you think?

The white lily pond fairy.