Saturday, December 13, 2014

December 13, 2014 - Frozen Pond


The pond is frozen, or so it seems.  It’s hard to tell with a light snow covering.  I don’t think I’ll be walking across it just yet.  It’s awfully tempting, though, because it can save time.  That’s just what the water creatures are hoping for, however, so I’ll behave.

It’s hard to believe that this is the same place where I photographed the azure dragonfly just a few months ago, where I photographed my shadow, where I had the first encounter with the fairies.  It’s hard to believe that this is the place where I saw the winterberries and learned the origin of green.  Now it looks like a completely different place, and I can’t even find the canoe.

Ah, but it’s quiet and beautiful, isn’t it?  It’s true that I sorely miss the hermit thrush, my favorite bird, but the silence here sings a different song to me.  It also questions me.  It says, “If I give you life again, what will you do with it?  Will you squander it again?”


The frozen pond.