Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014 - Skeleton Keys


A pile of skeleton keys lies on a railroad tie that’s covered with moss and sitting in the woods.  There are no railroads on this island, so I must assume that the tie is driftwood which simply came in with the tide one day long ago.  It’s tricky.  It’s a message for sure.  The question is, are they keys to the next levels I need to unlock to further my forest education?  Or do they represent the levels I have already unlocked? 

I didn’t bother to take the keys; I left them there.  I know they won’t be there tomorrow, so the temptation was great to just pick them up.  However, I resisted.  The keys I have already earned are mine and can’t be taken away.  I have the key to the growth of seeds and the ocean tides.  I have the key to the brilliant sun and the northern gales.  I have the key to the other vision.  I have unlocked the door of the oneness of everything.  I have the key to the power of words and the construction of thought.  The keys I have yet to earn will come slowly with work.  Nothing is handed to us.

The fairies are testing me.  They want to see if I’m foolish enough to unlock a door that I have not yet been prepared to unlock.  When I was younger, I would have done so.  But now, I will wait.  Every stage of life must be unlocked with the proper key.  First we have to find it, and then we have to dare to use it.

Skeleton keys on an old railroad tie.