Tuesday, April 29, 2014

April 29, 2014 - Here Be Dragons

I'm going to have to rethink my opinion of the pitch pine forest.  This is the second dragon I've seen in a few days, which indicates to me that the forest is simply peppered with them.  If you look back to a few days ago, you'll see the picture of the other dragon I posted.  I usually only see a few dragons in a whole season and I thought that was lucky, but I think I'm in for quite an interesting summer.  I used the zoom feature on my camera, so I wasn't quite as close to him as it appears.  However, my camera is not very good, so I wasn't as far from him as I ought to have been.  I know he saw me but I stood completely still, so he may have mistook me for a fairy.  In fact, I'm sure of it because if he had believed for even a moment that I was human, we would have had to play a game of riddles.  Dragons love riddles and they're quite good at them, usually eating the poor unsuspecting person who can't guess their riddle.  Of course, if we all lived as long as dragons did, we'd be good at riddles ourselves.  As it stands, I'm not half bad at them, so if worse came to worse, I might have been able to hold my own.  If not, I may have been able to beguile him with a photo of himself.  Dragons are so conceited.