Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016 - Rock Woman


There is a kindred spirit out there who thinks the way I think, who sees what I see.  I spotted this rock formation and immediately saw much more than rocks.  I am used to that.  Only occasionally do I say something because most of the time people think I have gone quite insane.  And that’s actually not such a bad thing.  This way, they leave me alone.

Rock woman.

In any event, do you see what I see?  I see a figure lying on the ground, her head in the lower left of the photo.  I say “her” because, clearly, it is a she by the features.  You can see her eyes, nose, mouth, and chin.  Then there’s a gap between chin and chest, and the body goes on.  She is a rock woman.  They usually stay put for several hundred years at least, but eventually she will move.  It was a very low tide that revealed her lower half in the first place, so I cannot say how long she will be there, although I do imagine that she has been there for quite some time already.

But there is something else.  Out on the rock formation--the rock woman, if you will--someone has built a rock formation.  That was intentional.  I will show a closer shot of it below.  A deliberate formation placed upon a deliberate formation, albeit with a couple of millennia separating the two.  (There is a smaller one to the left of it.)  It is apparent to me that it was placed there as a sort of game.  Someone has seen the rock woman and has left a sign.  They are saying, “Do you see what I see?”  And the answer--from me anyhow--is emphatically, “Yes, I see it!”

This is exactly the sort of thing I would do myself, and in fact, I often have.  I place signs purposely to see if people will notice.  Usually it’s just the local faeries who pay any attention at all.  Regardless, this was not my handiwork.  And so . . . the game is afoot.

The rock formation on the rock formation.