Friday, September 25, 2015

September 25, 2015 - Just The Right Way


The sunlight shines just right on a secret web in a tree.  If I hadn’t been looking at it “just right,” at just the correct angle, I never would have seen it.  That doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been there.  It just means that I wouldn’t have seen it.  I would have missed it.  I would have been oblivious.

The invisible web made visible.

And I think the whole world is loaded with these “webs.”  I’m not talking about the spider webs in trees.  I’m talking about the existence of thousands--millions!--of things, people, situations, ideas, life forms, etc., that are invisible to us.  We’re just not looking at them the “right” way.  We haven’t gotten into the correct angle.  We haven’t found a sun to light up their hiding spots.  That doesn’t mean they’re not there.  It just means that we haven’t seen them.  We’ve missed them.  We are oblivious.

I firmly believe there is an unseen world all around us.  It contains a few ordinary, mundane things from our own world, such as this spider web.  It also contains fantastic things from other “realms” or dimensions, if you will, that we simply haven’t been looking at in just the “right” way, and so it has gone unnoticed.  But that doesn’t mean it isn’t there.