Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 20, 2015 - Forget-Me-Not

FORGET-ME-NOT


Forget-me-not when the sun returns
and loves the land again as if it had never left.
When the birds and butterflies return
but I am nowhere to be found, forget-me-not.
When the strawberries are ripe and sweet,
remember how we ate them together, and forget-me-not.

Remember the scent of lilacs and roses,
how we filled our home with their intoxicating fragrance.
Remember toiling in the hot sun
and swimming in the cool pond,
as if we had all the time in the world.

Forget-me-not.

 Remember the delicious aroma of fresh bread
and ripe tomatoes and cheeses!
How much we laughed and ate!
Remember when we tried to harvest the land
and gleaned the best from our hearts instead.

To winter, then.
The snow and ice and eternal cold
that call forth memories frozen in time,
frozen in a world from which I cannot return.
But when springtime comes, remember my name,
and forget-me-not.