Monday, May 11, 2015

May 11, 2015 - Tricky Tree


This tree has grown into an odd shape.  Like a permanently crooked elbow, it stands and juts out into the path.  There even appear to be wrinkles on the concave surface, like you might see on the inside of your arm upon bending the elbow.  I wondered what could cause this.  It’s not a huge tree, but it isn’t small either.  There’s no evidence of there having been anything else around which this tree might have wrapped itself long ago.  There was nothing holding it back from what I could see.

I put my eyes up close to the bend and peered straight ahead, as if I were looking through a hole in a wall, wondering if I might see something different, but I didn’t.  However, when I moved away from the tree, that’s when I saw something “different.”  It was just for a moment.  How can I explain it?  This photo does show it a little bit, but not nearly as good as I saw it.

The tricky tree is holding something.

Look right in the section where the tree trunk should be if it weren’t bent.  Do you see a bit of “waviness” that you don’t see elsewhere?  Can you see that the edges of twigs and branches seem almost a bit shaggy, like a fine velvet, as compared to the twigs and branches in the rest of the photo?  It’s not pronounced at all, but it’s there if you look.

Call me crazy if you want, but this tree is wrapping around something.  I don’t know what it is.  I put my hand right through the area and felt nothing.  But I don’t care.  There’s something there.  I need to find Old Jack and see what he can tell me about this.  He’ll know.