Saturday, January 16, 2016

January 16, 2016 - A Secret Message


I did not manage to catch it nearly as wonderful as I saw it.  I tried.  It only lasted for a few seconds.  Just as the sun was setting on a cloudy and stormy day, the clouds parted and the sun’s rays shined upward under this tree.  Each ice-covered twig seemed to catch fire for only a few seconds in a fluid motion.  I grabbed my camera as fast as I could as it was already fading!

A message written in gold.

I tried to photograph the whole tree, but the effect was lost.  So I quickly put on my zoom lens and focused in on the top branches and twigs.  This was the best I could do.  I am a better writer than photographer, but I do try.  It was as if each twig of this maple had been coated in a fine layer of gold.  It shown unbelievably for about 30 seconds maximum, and then just as quickly as the gold had appeared, it left.  The tree was back to normal--cold and dead and grey.

If I hadn’t seen it with my own eyes, I would never have believed it.  If this isn’t magic, I don’t know what is.  It was more than just the last rays of the sun before it went below the horizon.  It was a promise.  It was the words of nature written in a secret book.  Like a regular book, unless you know the alphabet and then are taught how to read, the symbols and squiggles on the pages remain an unknown mystery.  Once you learn what they mean, though, a whole new world opens up to you.  Messages from one person’s mind can then travel into your mind.

Today in the book of nature, I learned a new alphabet, and suddenly the sun’s rays took on a whole new meaning.  What used to be just random flashes of light instantly became ordered and intelligent.  The sun was talking to me.  And what’s more, I understood him.