Thursday, October 9, 2014

October 9, 2014 - The Old Tree

I will meet you at the old tree
I will wear my red cloak that you may know me when I come
As I weave my way through the thick mist
And you will not be confused by the many colors set to entrance you

Yes, meet me at the old tree, once again
I will wear my green cloak so you will know who I am
I will hide in the woods and wait for you
And I will not be fooled by the other colors set to distract me

Then I will stand guard for you at the old tree
I will stay shrouded in my red cloak
That no other may look upon me
I will not let the wind tear it from me
I will not let any burdens dull its glory

The dance at the old tree.
 
I will watch you secretly as you adorn the old tree like a flower
I will be hidden from view, that none may know me
To make sure that you are mine
To make sure that you shine just for me
To make sure that you have not forgotten me

Together, then, in a brief dance, as before
In a place where no other life exists but us
We will whirl around and around in love and joy
Then we will shed our heavy cloaks, no longer needed
And once again, we will fly away