Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11, 2014 - The Mirror of the Soul


They say the eyes are the window of the soul, but that is misleading.  Windows allow you to see inside a different place when they are not curtained, and they let you see outside if you care to look.  Windows are transparent; you can see right through them.  They divide one world from another and yet allow each world to peer into the other.  That is the purpose of a window.

When you look into another person’s eyes, do you see their soul?  You do not, because the eyes are not the window of the soul.  The eyes are the mirror of the soul.  When you look into another person’s eyes, it is not their soul that is being reflected.  It is yours.  It is your own soul you are seeing.  When you see joyousness in their eyes, it is the joyousness of your own being reflecting back at you.  When you see sorrow, it is the sorrow of your own being reflecting back at you

The mirror of the soul.

And when they look into your eyes, it is their own soul they see reflected.  It is their joyful or sorrowful soul that is reflected, not yours.  No, you say, I am feeling joy or I am feeling sorrow, and I am projecting that and they are picking up on it--just as they are feeling joy or they are feeling sorrow, and they are projecting that and I am picking up on it.  But I tell you it is not so.  You are not projecting, you are reflecting.

But, you say, if I am seeing myself when I look at another person and she is seeing herself when she looks at me, then we are seeing the same being, then we are one and the same.  Indeed, we are.

There is only one soul.  There are no windows.  There are only reflections.  We are, each of us, perfectly reflected.