Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October 7, 2015 - Romancing The Sun


It might not seem like much to most people, but for someone like me, this was a great day.  I’m talking about the sun, of course.  I cannot go into the sun for longer than a few seconds during the warm weather without getting burned and becoming very ill.  It’s just too strong for me and the angle is too high and I am too fair.  But now that the weather is changing and the temperatures are in the 40s and 50s, I can enjoy the sun again.

A secret rendezvous with the Sun.

I find a sun patch and I lift my face and I close my eyes.  Then I stay very still.  No one is ever around in the woods, so no one sees me.  I can feel the sun on my skin, and now it feels so nice and warm!  It is like a beautiful kiss.  Through my closed eyes, I can “see” brilliance.  It “looks” like dazzling diamonds.  The magic of the sunlight seeps through my closed lids, and it always makes me smile.  All around me the woods are quiet, except for the ordinary creatures that live there, and they don’t care about a secret sun worshipper.

I am a cold-weather, cold-climate, northern person and I cannot bear the sun at its zenith.  The colder the temperature, the more sun I can handle.  I love it for the same reason everyone else does:  It elevates my mood.  It brings joy to me.  It makes me smile.  Soon, when the angle of the sun gets even lower, I will be able to go directly into it for long periods of time.  I always look forward to this.

It’s a secret romance I have with the Sun King, but I keep it hidden from the Lord of Winter.