Friday, November 14, 2014

November 14, 2014 - In Pursuit


All alone at the beach, you can see my footprints as I walked down toward the water, in pursuit of Maine, as usual.  I found Maine at the beach today, waiting for me like a lover.  We were all alone and didn’t have to worry about what anyone else thought of us.

The waves in the sand you see are not from the water but from the cold wind as it scrapes across the drier sand that is farther up from the surf.  A severe storm will bring the water up this high, and that will happen soon enough, but a regular tide will not do so.  I wrote my message out with a piece of driftwood that I found.

But the wind had other ideas and he erased my message completely and the evidence of my having been there as well until there was nothing left but Maine, which is what I started with anyhow.  The quest continues.

The search continues.